Hamlet Art 1700-1899
The art and illustration for the Ramparts Scene is part of a larger collection of Hamlet art compiled by Alan Young of Acadia University, Nova Scotia. These images, from the period 1700-1899, were collected at the Folger Shakespeare Library. Professor Young's larger Hamlet database currently consists of 1440 images, 237 of which are presented here.
Royal Shakespeare Company Hamlet Production Stills 1958-2001
The production stills of the Ramparts Scene are part of a visual record of the Royal Shakespeare Company's production history. These photographs of theatrical performances document seven RSC productions of Hamlet (Director / Lead Actor / Year):
1) Michael Langham / Alan Badel / 1958
2) Peter Wood / Ian Bannen / 1961
3) Peter Hall / David Warner / 1965
4) Trevor Nunn / Alan Howard / 1970
5) Buzz Goodbody / Ben Kingsley / 1975
6) John Barton / Michael Pennington / 1980
7) Ron Daniels / Roger Rees / 1984
8) Ron Daniels / Mark Rylance / 1989
9) Adrian Noble / Kenneth Branagh / 1992
10) Steven Pimlott / Sam West / 2001
Visit the RSC's website at http://www.rsc.org.uk for more resources.